An unattended candle is said to be the cause of a fire in a duplex Monday evening.
All occupants escaped safely without injury from the house at 604 East 9th Street in Auburn. The Auburn Fire Department was called at 6:34 p.m. with a report of smoke coming from the home. Firefighters arrived at 6:38 p.m. to find heavy smoke coming from the front door of the house and once they entered, responders discovered a fire in the living room and quickly extinguished it.
Fire had extended into the ceiling and a portion of the roof. Firefighters declared the fire to be under control at 6:52 p.m., and then returned to their stations at 8:38 p.m.
The Garrett Fire Department, Parkview DeKalb EMS, and Auburn Police assisted at the scene. The Butler Fire Department stood watch at Auburn Fire Station 1.
(01-20-2020) Banks Files For Re-Election
(01-20-2020) Plane Crash Friday In Paudling County
(01-20-2020) Three People Injured Saturday Night In Kendallville
(01-20-2020) Coffee With A Cop Event Coming Up This Thursday
(01-19-2020) Angola's Downtown Services Coordinator Wins Award
(01-17-2020) Teacher Salary Boost Voted Down Thursday
(01-17-2020) Winter Weather To Impact Region In Big Way This Weekend
(01-17-2020) Fort Wayne Duo Charged In Meth Case
(01-17-2020) Individual Income Tax Season Starts Janary 27th In Indiana
(01-16-2020) Numerous Errors Reported In Ohio’s Medicaid Payment System
(01-16-2020) Chances For Snow In Forecast For Thursday & Friday
(01-16-2020) Talented Artists Within Tri-State To Be Showcased Soon
(01-15-2020) SCCF Announces New Grant Guidelines, Nonprofit Workshops
(01-15-2020) Visitor Restrictions Temporarily In Place At Parkview
(01-15-2020) Kratz Enters LaGrange County Middle District Race
(01-15-2020) Howe Woman Arrested On Tuesday Evening
(01-15-2020) Hamilton Schools Reelect Gould As Board President